Home
Hospice Prince Edward provides palliative and bereavement support to families and individuals of all ages, in Prince Edward County.
At our residential hospice, end-of-life care is provided in a warm and welcoming home-like environment, at no charge to our residents or their families.
Hospice Prince Edward volunteers are required to complete a 30 hour training program that provides knowledge and support that is needed to work one-on-one with hospices clients, or simply providing clients with companionship.
Hospice Prince Edward provides palliative and bereavement support to families and individuals of all ages, in Prince Edward County.
Hospice Prince Edward welcomes and encourages resident families and visitors to make use of the shared common areas.
Our 3-bed residential hospice features private furnished rooms with accessible ensuite washrooms, smart TVs and comfortable seating for family and visitors.
Upcoming Events

Click Here for Hospice's Response to COVID-19  (Updated March 18)

 

Our Community Report is now available! You can view the report HERE

Supporting the journey of living with Dying

 

Hospice Prince Edward provides quality of life, dignity in death and grief and bereavement support for all those living with or affected by a life limiting illness.

Since opening in August 2013, our residential hospice has served over 275 residents (as of October 2019). Most come from home or hospital in Prince Edward County. The average stay is 12 days.

Countless more have benefited from our Visiting Volunteers, Caregiver Support Groups, and Grief and Bereavement services.

 

Why Residential Hospice

In the words of one family member "(Hospice) gave me the opportunity to be a daughter who was losing her Mother rather than the primary caregiver." Residential hospice combines the benefits of 24 hour professional care with the comfort of a home setting. 

 

Community Outreach

Hospice Prince Edward's outreach programs include Visiting Volunteers for Clients and/or Caregivers in the Community, Caregiver Support Groups and Grief and Bereavement support to individuals of all ages.

Your support makes a profound difference in someone's journey!

The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care provides 22% of our funding. The remaining 78% of our operating costs comes through the generosity of donors. 

With the support of our generous donors, we are able to offer our services at no charge.

 

Downloads

New Hospice Prince Edward Foundation Bylaws download

Download our Residential Hospice Family Resource Booklet