Hospice Prince Edward has made every effort to make this website accessible and easy to use for everyone, no matter which web browser you use, and whether or not you have disabilities.
Following is a description of the tools that will assist you to navigate the structure and content of this website.
Scalable viewing to make text and web content more readable for the visually impaired may be accessed as follows:
- holding the control key, use the scroll wheel on your mouse to scale the entire website larger or smaller
- in Mozilla Firefox, the website size can also be adjusted by accessing the View menu, then Zoom controls
- in Internet Explorer, content text size can be adjusted by accessing the View menu, then Text Size controls.
Images on this web-site have alternative text attributes, often known as alt text. This means that the image can be understood by text browsers and assistive technologies such as screen readers.
Some documents on this web-site are available in a PDF format. Adobe Reader is required to open these files, and is available free of charge by clicking here.
Online conversion tools for Adobe PDF documents: Adobe's PDF Converter allows you to convert PDF files to text or HTML.
The architecture (navigation and style sheets) of the Hospice Prince Edward website is in compliance with current W3C (World Wide Web Consortium, http://www.w3c.org/) standards and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). It should be noted that while web "standards" have not yet been determined under AODA, this website has been developed with an intended conformance to the level of "AA". The AODA required all public sector web sites were to meet accessibility compliance by Dec 31st 2011.
In addition to providing the features noted above, the following strategies have been utilized in the construction of this website to increase website accessibility:
- used navigation mechanisms in a consistent manner
- essential components of the page work without a mouse
- provided information about the general layout of the site (site map)
- good colour contrast between foreground & background
- used style sheets to control layout and presentation
- multiple browser testing has been conducted using current and recent versions of the most popular browsers
- used the most recent W3C.org (World Wide Web Consortium) technologies when available and applicable.
The content and functionalities of www.communitycareforseniors.org website will undergo continuous development to remain W3C and AODA "AA" compliant as these guidelines and standards develop. While we make every effort to ensure this website remains accessible to all visitors, please do not hesitate to contact us if you find any information on this website that you cannot access. We also welcome your comments and suggestions for improvements.
Phone: (613) 645-4040 Fax: (613) 645-3025